Once a small fishermen´s village, today it is a well known tourist meeting point of visitors from European and other countries. For the first time,
Njivice was mentioned in the deed of gift of the prince Ivan Frankopan in 1474 although, judging from some archeological finds, the village is much older. In 1710 besides
Njivice another settlement is mentioned called Villa di sasso bianco or Beli Kamik of which nowadays only the toponym remains. In past centuries this was just a small village of the island of Krk, the inhabitants of which were mainly engaged in the fishing trade, olive growing and stock-breeding as well as in logging wood. In 1930 hotel Luka (today Jadran) and villa Dinka were built, which is considered to be the beginning of tourism in
Njivice. Lovely beaches, exceptionally blue sea, plenty of shadow and mild climate together with excellent accomodation capacities are the basic characteristics which attracts guests and makes
Njivice a more and more well known to...